Maharashtra NEET UG counselling
To pursue a lucrative medical career, securing an admission in the top medical college in Maharashtra, requires you to clear NEET exam along with undergoing Maharashtra NEET UG counselling. There is a definite percentile cut off for MBBS and in case you don’t reach that marks, you can opt for other Health science courses. The courses include BAMS, BHMS, BPT, BOT, BP&O, BASLP, and B. Sc (nursing).
Seat allotment for MBBS and BDS admission takes place after the NEET results are declared.
Admission Criteria for students
Admissions are strictly on merit for medical science and it largely depends on the results of students in NEET. Here are a few things that you must know:
- The Maharashtra government recently scrapped the 70:30 quota for admission to the Health Science courses, and admissions will be strictly on merit.
- The decision was based on the widespread protests against the 70:30 quota system.
- As per the earlier quota system, 70% of the medical college seats were used to be reserved for students belonging to their districts.
NEET Eligibility Criteria for MBBS BDS Admission:
These are the minimum qualifications needed for Maharashtra NEET UG counselling:
- You must be an Indian national. If you are a non-resident Indian, you are eligible for admission in private colleges unaided by the government under NRI quota only.
- You must be a domicile of Maharashtra
- You must have obtained a minimum of 50 percentile marks in NEET 2021 to qualify for counselling. If you belong to SC, ST, or OBC- you must obtain at least 40 percentile marks, and for the general physically handicapped category, 45 percentile marks.
- You must have passed the SSC or equivalent examination from an institution situated in Maharashtra.
- You must have passed HSC or equivalent examination from an institution situated in Maharashtra.
- Overseas citizen of India (OCI) are eligible for all types of seats (Govt./Corporation/ Govt. aided/ Private unaided), provided the candidate such candidate has passed 10th & 12th standard from Maharashtra and he is also having a domicile of Maharashtra or minimum 10 years of residence in state of Maharashtra.
- Institutional Quota Seats can be filled by non-Resident Indians (NRI) and Overseas Citizens of India (OCI), as well as Outside Maharashtra candidate (OMS).
Certificates needed for document verification and admission
NEET Advisor helps you in document preparation which must be submitted with original, and attested copies for document verification and admission in MCI Approved Medical Colleges:
- Rank card and admit card of NEET 2021 exam.
- School Leaving Certificate of HSC showing nationality or your Indian passport, or Nationality Certificate issued by a competent authority, such as District Magistrate.
- Domicile Certificate.
- SSC examination certificate i.e. 10th Standard or equivalent examination certificate or school leaving certificate or Birth certificate indicating name of the candidate (for DOB).
- HSC i.e. 12th Standard or equivalent examination mark sheet
- 8 passport-sized recent photographs
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- Identity proof (Aadhar card, PAN card, passport, or driving license)
- Online application form filled at the official website www.mahacet.org
- Other documents if required: Caste proof certificate, Disputed Area Certificate, mother tongue certificate, proof of EWS (economically weaker section), disability certificate, or documents supporting minority status, documents supporting specified reservation claim, such as children of defence personnel, document proof if belonging to Gujarati/Sindhi minority category, proof of Hindu Linguistic minority.
Procedure to Apply Online for Maharashtra NEET counselling (UG)
Follow this step-by-step process for applying online and if you are stuck at any stage, feel free to reach out to NEET Advisor:
- Go to the website www.mahacet.org. Click on Apply online for NEET-UG 2021.
- Click on ‘Application form Link’.
- Read the instructions carefully on the instruction page. Then click ‘Next’ to go to the online application form.
- Fill all entries in the form.
- After validating required fields, submit the form.
- Read the conditions carefully under ‘Declaration by the Candidate’. You should be ready to agree to the conditions mentioned before submitting.
- You will need to create a password while submitting.
- Before submitting, check your entries for mistakes. No further changes will be allowed after submission of the form.
- Pay a non-refundable fee after submission.
- Take a printout of the receipt of the online fee payment.
- You can verify the application form using the ‘Log in’ link on the website.
- Login with the application number and your unique password to get a printout of the application form for further use.
- Upload your documents after making your online payment
Choosing an MCI Approved Medical College
After finishing registration, you get the option to lock your choice of college for a specific period. These are the steps involved:
- Submit your preferences for specific colleges based on your NEET scores.
- You should submit one Preference Form. After filling and final submission of Preference Form, no chance will be given to fill fresh preference form / change the preferences.
From the list of colleges on the screen, fill as many options as you want.
To be noted: The preference code is a four-digit college code, specific to each college.
- List the colleges in the order of your preference. You can also delete or interchange your preferences before submission.
- Then, enter your password and select ‘Lock Preferences’.
- Once you have locked your selection, you cannot make changes.
- Once locked, you can take the printout of your selected choices/ preferences.
Seat Allotment Results
The seat allotment results are displayed after each round of NEET counselling in the form of a list. The seat allotment letter is handed over to the candidates. The candidates can verify their name, roll number, allotted college, and other details on the list. During the time of admission, the students must carry the seat allotment letter, along with other required documents.
After Maharashtra NEET counselling (UG) is completed, candidates have to report to the allotted colleges according to the reporting time. The next step to complete admission process would be to submit documents and fees. The admission of any candidate can be cancelled if found ineligible in later stages and the seat will be transferred to another candidate.
NEET ADVISOR ensures that you follow all the steps of NEET counselling process carefully to avoid last minute seat cancellation. We have a team of experts who will scrutinize all the steps and help you to sail through the process of the NEET counselling swiftly.
We are a one stop solution for NEET counselling, where we provide innovative NEET counselling services to UG and PG aspirants. We have helped thousands of NEET aspirants carving successful career in medicine.
Our unique process of preparation of personalized reports (based on student’s NEET score/rank) helps the candidate to select the best medical college. We have a team of NEET counselling Expert who guides the aspirant and by which NEET aspirants can clear all their queries in one-to-one session so as to make an informed decision.
We provide all the important and crucial information required for All India quota, state quota, Deemed, Central, AFMC, AIIMS, JIPMER and various other State quota NEET counselling under non domicile criterion too. We provide handholding throughout the entire process – From start to finish, till an aspirant get admission in a good medical college. This helps the medical aspirants to negate any errors during form filling or choosing the college. With 14+ Glorious years of Excellence, we have guided millions of students across India and Abroad.
When it comes to “What after NEET”?
We at NEET ADVISOR believe that the right information, is the secret to success. Our only GOAL is to help students in the entire NEET counselling process, by connecting the dots. Through our services and handholding process, we feel pride in saying that many students could choose the right medical college and unleash their potential to the fullest.
“NEET advisor is the one solution for many problems”
We are just a call away +91 9911203280